Science and Technology, mostly in Information and Technology (IT) has rapidly developed in all aspects of life. Many available companies in technology makes IT becomes one of the most favorite chosen subjects both at school and university. As a result, it causes bigger and higher competition in IT field.
If I may know:
- What are your reasons for choosing IT? (Information and Technology)?
- Have you known about IT before (programming, and etc)?
- Have you got a basic or passion about programming?
- What is your motivation in choosing IT?
Those are only the basic questions since it will be an interview or a quiz if I ask you too many questions.
It has been four years that I have received emails from students who asked me to make Final Year Project with various versions: Android, Web / Desktop Application and there are also students who tried to adopt Machine Intelligence (Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, NLP).
Some of the projects have been distributed in GitHub (if you are trying to search for them.) Besides, you only need to use and modify it. You cannot disobey Google as your partner to look for answers for your questions. But my question is: Why are you still looking for instant ways in this modern and technology era?
We cannot buy and deal every single thing in this world only with money. Moreover, you cannot earn money by yourselves since it is your parents. Including your school fee and your final project. Discussing and delivering my personal opinion about jobless Fresh Graduate despair me.
In one of the forums and when I answered to the question: “Why are there are many jobless Fresh Graduate?”
I am sad seeing these phenomena because you did not do your Final Year by yourselves. Instead, you had it made by your senior.
Some seniors agree to work on your project. But most of them are disagree. They are not interested in working on it. I was one the seniors who refused to work on Final Year project.
Senior is the best solution for “Lazy Students” because they help them to finish the projects, including Final Project. And asking someone to have the task finished is one of the instant cultures that grows rapidly among students. Many students are lazy to think, lazy to finish the task.
Ironically, they still want good score. They are more eager to have the task done without any problem followed, they have a good score and graduate from their university. Finally, they work in a company with high salary. Meanwhile, diligent and hard-working students because of a mysterious reasons, cannot gain the same success as the lazy students did.
What will happen if you keep having your task done?
- What happen with your skill and experience?
- Will you still work as a programmer?
- Will you make your own business that has nothing to do with programming?
If you still choose to work as a programmer, how will you face the technical meeting interview and answer the question about your Final Year Project? What will you do if they erase one or two code lines and you are asked to correct the error? Can you? Do you understand about FLOW?
I hope that you won’t answer I DON’T KNOW ABOUT IT AT ALL. That answer will only cause the sadness and add the number of jobless.
The worst is, there are lazy students who ask for three times higher salary for zero skills and zero skills and experience. Try to look at yourself in the mirror. Do you think there are companies that will gladly spending their money to pay people with that sort of skills and experience?
Do you gain self-satisfaction if you have your task done?
WHEN AN EXCELLENT SCORE IS REPLACED BY SOME AMOUNT OF MONEY, do not again think that it it your senior score because you have replaced your score with some money.
Some of you might think that many graduate jobless is because the government tend to continue the recruitment of 60 years old people. Therefore, graduate students become jobless.
If I answer: zero skills and experience are the factors that support the number of jobless, there will be another question:
- How will I gain the experience if there are less working opportunity?
- You can do another practice, since you do not only learn the theory when you study at university, can’t you?
- If you only learn the theory, then what have you done in the past four or five years?
It takes time. It is hard for you if you spend your college time only for study and when the time you search for work, you expect such a high salary.
From what I experienced, the first year was quite stressful since you had loaded works but low income. That is why the best time for looking for a job is when you study at the college, instead of after you graduate from it. If you want to get a successful life, develop yourself during learning at your college.
You should be able in working cooperatively and own excellent skill of communication. You should have a high level of curiousity, a learning mental, and a problem solving ability. You should level up your skill and produce useful work.
These are two common phenomenon of nowadays Fresh Graduate:
- They are able to make a program, but the code is messy.
- The programming basic object abstractly is also weak. Meanwhile, most of programming language and framework recently are made with object oriented paradigm. Because you have a weak basic, you cannot expose yourself with the things that become the favorite of certain industry, such as design pattern, architecture and etc. You are not aware of SOLID principle or functional programming.
Unfortunately, you make an excuse that learning too much theory limits your time to learn about data communication and network protocol. You might do not know that an address does not need to return HTML page, but using JSON is also possible.
And the last common reason is you only learn what your lecturer taught you. You do not develop the theory your teacher has explained. You also have less passion in programming. The thing that most people want is graduate from university as sson as possible, work in a prestigious startup company and gain high salary.
Is it possible? Of course, as long as you won’t stop learning and keep on doing mentoring and coaching. Another working choice is as SysAdmin? But nowadays SysAdmin position has been filled by DevOps.
- Do you still want to work in technology based company?
- Do you still want to have you Final project made?
- Do you still have a dream to have high salary by working in a prestigious startup company by your limited skill and experience?
- Do you want to make a startup and build you dream that one day your start up will be acquisitioned with the highest value?
If you need a friend to talk and share, I will gladly help as long as I can help. You do not have to be worry to think about the fee because it is all free. Instead, who knows that I buy you a cup of coffee as long as:
- You do not ask me to finish your project.
- You have a good attitude.
- You have commitment.
What do I ask from you?
- Write your experience in a blog or
- Make a vLog (video blog)
Why do I need you to do that?
Because by keep focusing and have a commitment, you can do everything on your own. You can transfer your knowledge. If you are suffer from headache, call the nearest doctor.