1. Write status updates.
2. Communicate the obvious.
3. Format your writing effectively.
4. Confirm decisions to move them forward.
5. Offer conclusions in long discussions
6. Make decisions transparent.
7. Take initiatives and deliver on your promises.
Good communication is crucial even if only parts of the team are remote. Good communication takes time so keep working on it! And finding people who are good at their craft and communication are hard to find.
So how do you communicate the need to work or set the importance of communication to the team?
We have clearly defined monthly projects with one person leading each project. Everyone knows their tasks by priority, updates each other on a weekly basis what they will be working on and communicate the status. So, we have some communication rituals established over time.