Hello, I am Muhammad Ikhwan. I have over 10 years of experience in internet, mobile, consumer and enterprise software development.
I’m write semi frequently things I learn (about both software and life) on this blog.
Working from behind a mug of excellent coffee.
I am ‘digital nomads’ in that I am able to work from anywhere in the world and like to take full advantage of that. You may spot me working from coffee shops and/or co-working spaces from somewhere either the Asia or Indonesia depending on the weather / time of year.
Since 2007 my working lives have revolved around web to create digital businesses for ourselves and for clients.
In mid 2012, I decided I wanted to follow my dreams and try the impossible, to travel the world while running my digital business. A few short years (and lots of cups of coffee) later and I am glad to be able to say that I am still absolutely loving it.
I have built teams to start strategic new products in startup and large companies in the Malaysia and Singapore and held various management and technical positions and love building team of highly passionate people about technology with focus on customer delivery and having a lot of fun while build products and solving business problems using hand-crafted technology solutions.
My previous roles have given me skills and understanding of multiple areas including software development using traditional paradigms (3-tier, SDLC).
- Advisor for strategic decisions related to the technologies segment of the business
- Architected the web and mobile apps
- Automated API layer between back-end and front-end
- Applied complex logic for data visualizations, client-side caching, and realtime chat
- Direct, review and approve product development
- Introduced end-to-end tests for critical features
- Kept the team informed with current task, what task need to be done, what task is currently in progress, what task still incomplete, and the weekly timeline
- Managed tests, builds, and deployment in Continuos Integration
- Mentoring of team on technical and personal aspects
- Refactored thousands of old tests
- Road mapping of core infrastructure
- Write complex business models and proposals
These are some of the most relevant experiences I have from past and present projects. In recent years my focus has mainly been on the technical aspects, however, my diverse background has proven to be very valuable asset.
- API architecture
- Native mobile apps development
- Web apps development
- Responsible for designing, provisioning and managing hundreds of servers in Amazon Web Service (AWS) infrastructure
- Provided solution, design, and provisioning of AWS infrastructure for new on-boarding partners from network, security, resources, deployment, logging and monitoring
- Design and implementation of analytics solution using Elastic Search (ELK stack) to enable tracking, monitoring
- Design and implementation of data streaming architecture using Kinesis, Lambda, and DynamoDB Design and implementation of CDN using Amazon CloudFront and WAF
- Architected and developed an extensible, real-time, multi-threaded, messaging based framework to support live-site application logging
- Build communities and manage talents
- Deep understanding of NoSQL database systems
- High availability and scalability
- Strong design, coding, testing, and debugging abilities
- Software development from the analyze requirements, through conception, build architecture and manage development
Below is a list of programming languages and areas within which I have worked the most – in regards to software development. I rely completely on experience and previous assignments for this assessment.
- Golang (Able to teach or advise others)
- Python (Able to teach or advise others)
- C# (Able to teach or advise others)
- TypeScript (Able to teach or advise others)
- Kotlin (Fairly comfortable)
- Swift (Fairly comfortable)
- REST API
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Elastic Search
I speak three languages fluently and can make myself understood in a fourth. You can see the list of these languages in the below, where they are weighed depending on how well I speak them.
- English (Advanced)
- Indonesian (Fluent)
- Malaysia (Advanced)
- Malaysian (Intermediate)
Where I work, live and play?
Located in the downtown core of Surabaya and my space inspires me to continually find balance between the joy of creating and the discipline of rest.
You can contact me by email at hi at ikhwan.id to say hi. I’m open to new opportunity, tho.